Fire sends woman to the hospital for smoke inhalation

WICHITA FALLS (KFDX/KJTL) — Wichita Falls fire officials say a discarded cigarette caused a fire that sent one to the hospital.

According to Wichita Falls Fire Investigator Edward Mawson, just before noon on Friday, July 5, 2024, firefighters responded to a reported house fire in the 2000 block of Fillmore Street.

CRIME: Kids found unsupervised outside Sun Valley Apartments, parents sign plea

They found light smoke coming from the rear of the home and were able to get the fire under control quickly.

Mawson said the fire appeared to have been started by a discarded cigarette and caused minor damage to the home.

A woman was taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. Her condition is unknown. No other injuries were reported.

Contact Us

0%